This is not a bug. Unfortunately, the OpenCart system does not allow for optimizations in the following cases:
- The customer is logged into their OpenCart account
- The customer has items in the shopping cart
- The customer has items on the wishlist
If any of the above conditions are met, the NitroPack optimizations do not take effect.
Unfortunately, this is not possible with NitroPack. We have thought about doing it, but there is not much use:
- Cached pages cannot be shared between users, requiring many more optimizations;
- User content is more dynamic than guest content, making the optimizations expire quickly in most cases;
- Optimizations come in asynchronously. Sometimes, it takes up to a few minutes for an optimization to complete. This means that your customers wouldn't actually see optimized content very often.
Exception for the shopping cart
In the General Settings panel, we have provided the option Allow Cart as a workaround for the limitation discussed in the current article. Feel free to try it out.
In all cases, NitroPack will get disabled for customers who are logged in or who have items on their wishlist.