NitroPack is a Plug & Play plugin, meaning you only need to connect it to your website, and it will do its magic instantly.
Unfortunately, in some cases, NitroPack will not start working properly right away because it needs to create or modify the files and directories of your web hosting server (e.g., to save the cache files or to modify some of the files such as .htaccess, wp-config.php or others).
In such cases, resolving the issue is fairly easy. You will need to make sure that the default permissions are set on your web hosting server:
- 640 or 644 for files;
- 750 or 755 for folders.
This article will guide you on how to do that yourself.
Changing the permissions via (s)FTP
The process is fairly straightforward:
1. Connect to your web hosting server via an FTP client.
2. Find the .htaccess and/or wp-config.php files. They are located in the root folder of your WordPress installation.
3. Right-click on the file and select the option “Get Info”, “File permissions..”, or “File attributes” from the context menu.
4. This option will show you a menu where you will be able to see the current permissions of the file. Make sure that the permissions for the files are set to 640 or 644.
5. The permissions for the folders should be set to 750 or 755:
Make sure to repeat this process for both files.
In some FTP clients, you can also see all of the permissions listed on the side:
Changing the permissions via SSH
For more tech-savvy users, changing the permissions via SSH can be easier than changing the permissions via FTP.
To change the permissions via SSH, follow these steps:
1. Connect to your web hosting server via SSH.
2. Locate the .htaccess and/or wp-config.php files.
3. Run the following commands:
chmod 644 wp-config.php
chmod 644 .htaccess
⚠️ If you are still not confident to change the permissions yourself, or you have issues changing them, you should contact your web hosting provider so they can change the permissions of your files and directories.
📌 If you need any assistance or have questions, you can always reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via this link: https://support.nitropack.io/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please sign in to leave a comment.