NitroPack uses lots of techniques to improve your website’s performance.
Some of them are fairly common, for example:
- Standard web caching;
- Code compression and minification;
- Image compression and WebP conversion;
- Critical CSS;
- Lazy loading.
These techniques are great, but they aren’t enough, especially for a modern website.
That’s why NitroPack takes things further by implementing advanced features in unique ways.
- Cache Invalidation and Cache Warmup automatically detect changes on your website, mark old representations as stale and create new cache files;
- Preemptive and Adaptive Image Sizing make sure images fit their containers perfectly;
- Our Critical CSS is unique for every page (not page type);
- Our proprietary resource loading mechanism helps browsers discover critical resources, improving render time and page responsiveness;
- The advanced lazy loading system detects image and iframe tags and all background images defined in any CSS file;
- The built-in global CDN serves content across the world with minimal latency.
(For a complete list of features, check out our Features page)
In short, NitroPack combines:
- Web performance best practices
- Standard optimization techniques
- Advanced features, implemented in unique ways
The result is an all-in-one speed optimization service that works out of the box.
Also, NitroPack performs all optimizations in the cloud.
That way, there’s no additional overhead on your servers. Our infrastructure does all the heavy lifting.
Finally, NitroPack works on copies of your website’s files, making the optimization process very safe.
If you turn off our service, your website will just revert back to its original state, without restoring from a backup. That’s why there’s no risk in using NitroPack.