As of October 1st, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has enforced a change to the way NitroPack obtains payments from customers living in India. If you do not live in India, the information in this article does not affect you.
No More Automatic Subscription Rebilling
NitroPack is no longer allowed to automatically rebill subscriptions of all customers living in India, regardless of the subscription amount. Instead, Indian subscribers need to renew their subscriptions manually.
To make this process easier, we’ve set up a payment reminder email, which Indian subscribers receive 7 days before their subscription’s renewal date. The e-mail contains a link to a payment gateway where Indian subscribers can renew their subscriptions manually.
Renewing Your Subscription Manually
Again, if you are based in India, you will receive a reminder e-mail 7 days prior to the renewal date. The e-mail will contain a link that you must follow to process your payment.
Alternatively, you can also follow these steps to renew your subscription:
2. Go to Billing > Manage Payment Methods. This will take you to a payment gateway where you can submit your payment.
3. Find your subscription and click on Pay Now.
4. Finish all steps of the payment process.
As long as you complete the renewal process (either via the link in the email or by following the steps above) before your subscriptions’ end date, NitroPack will continue to work without interruptions.
Limitations for Subscriptions on Manual Rebilling
Lastly, all Indian subscribers can still use the NitroPack service, but with some limitations on how we can process subscriptions:
- We cannot automatically process subscription upgrades or downgrades. If you want to move to a different plan, please open a support ticket here, and our team will help you out.
- We cannot provide subscription overages (additional payments in case you’ve overused the subscription limits). Instead of overages, we advise that you upgrade your subscription with the help of our support team.